BW Controller augments BioWin and PetWin models with a range of process control simulation capabilities commonly employed in wastewater treatment systems.
Flexible and easy to implement, BW Controller simulates advanced control strategies and various controller types to provide process control insight into BioWin and PetWin models. BW Controller helps evaluate recent improvements in online measurement and control technology and develop innovative and feasible control systems for sustainable wastewater treatment.
The BW Controller allows simulation of advanced process control strategies such as:
- Setting dissolved oxygen setpoint levels based on reactor ammonia concentration. The dissolved oxygen concentration itself is then controlled by manipulating the air flow rate.
- Control of mixed liquor recycle stream flow rate based on effluent nitrate concentration.
- Control mixed liquor suspended solids concentrations by adjusting wastage flow rate.
- Using pH measurements to adjust/switch air flow to control sidestream nitrogen removal processes.
- Change chemical dosing rates based on influent and effluent flows or concentrations.
- Adjusting on/off aeration periods to maintain alkalinity/pH levels.
A range of controller types can be selected:
- On/Off control
- High/Low control
- High/Low/Zero control
- Ratio control
- Proportional (P)
- Proportional-Integral (PI)
- Proportional-Integral-Derivative (PID)