BioWin Network License Installation
This page outlines the procedures for installing the network version of BioWin. There are three parts to the network version installation:
- The installation of the license management software Sentinel License Manager (see Install Sentinel HASP Run-time Environment).
- The installation of the BioWin software on the client machine (see Install BioWin Software).
- The configuration of the client machine (see Client Configuration).
New Developments in BioWin 6.1
Upgrade Highlights :
- Separate Hydrolysis Rate for External Organics
- Additional State Variables in SSO
- Sulfur in BOD Input
- Additional Metal Salt Inputs
- Metal Salt Pricing Information
- Metal Salt Dialogue Improvements
- Project Location and Currency Exchange Rates
- Upper / Lower Flow Split Bounds
- Swing Zone Setting
- Report to Excel Refinements
- Plotting Blower Group Information
- New Variables
- Screen Redraw Moved to Customize Settings
- Minor Bug Fixes
Note : Files created in older versions of BioWin can be loaded in BioWin 6.1, but not the reverse. We suggest that old files opened in BioWin 6.1 should be saved in a separate directory from the original files.
Below you will find a list of previous versions of BioWin. If you wish to continue running the version you already have and need the latest released version of it, or require an earlier version for a specific project, you can find these here :
STEP 1 : Install Sentinel HASP Run-time Environment
BioWin accesses the Sentinel HASP key through the Sentinel License Manager software, which is installed as part of the Sentinel HASP Run-time Environment. The Sentinel HASP Run-time Environment must be loaded on a machine that is always available when any client wants to use the BioWin software. The machine that this software is installed on must have a USB port for the Sentinel HASP key.
You may use this option to install Sentinel HASP Run-time Environment on any Windows 7/2008/8/2012/10/2016 based PC. This machine is referred to as the Sentinel HASP Server – whether it is a server or not in any other sense does not matter.
Note: The Sentinel HASP Server must have a fixed IP address or resolvable domain name.
Begin Sentinel HASP Run-time Environment Installation
Click the following link : Sentinel Downloads, then select Sentinel HASP/LDK - Windows GUI Run-time Installer (Windows , 16.4 MB, Version 7.81, Released 2018-07-23)
In order to proceed with the installation of the Sentinel HASP Run-time Environment, it is required to agree to the SafeNet Sentinel LDK Product End User License Agreement. When you are ready to proceed with the installation, click the button at the bottom of the page to agree with the license agreement and click Next > to proceed.
Ready to Install
You are now ready to begin the installation of the Sentinel HASP Run-time Environment based on the choices you have made. Click the Next > button to begin. Once you begin, the install program will begin to copy files to your machine. A status bar will inform you of your progress.
Finish Sentinel HASP Run-time Environment Installation
You have now successfully installed the Sentinel HASP Run-time Environment on your machine. Click the Finish button to exit the installation program.
STEP 2 : Install BioWin Software
This procedure is used to install BioWin on any number of network clients.
Begin BioWin Install
- Click the download button.
- Click Save to save the installation file to your computer.
- When the download is complete locate the installation file bw60setup.exe and run it.
You are now about to begin the remainder of the BioWin software installation. If you wish to change the default installation location click the Options button. Otherwise proceed to Step 4 – Software License Agreement.
Choose Destination Location
The next step is to choose where you would like to install the BioWin software. If you want to install to a directory other than the default, choose an alternate directory by clicking the Browse button. Once you are done, click OK to confirm.
Software License Agreement
In order to proceed with the installation of BioWin, EnviroSim Associates Ltd. requires that you agree to our software license agreement. We urge you to read this material carefully. When you are ready to proceed with the installation, tick the checkbox to agree with the license agreement and click Install to proceed.
After a few minutes, BioWin will finish copying files to your computer and the setup process will be complete. Click the Close button to complete the installation process.
STEP 3 : Client Configuration
This procedure is used to configure a client to find the Sentinel HASP Server. In order to direct the BioWin license check to the Sentinel HASP Server, you must specify the IP address or host name of the server on each client that BioWin is installed on.
Specify the location of the Sentinel HASP Server
- Open a web browser, type http://localhost:1947/ into the address bar and press Enter.
- Wait for the Sentinel Admin Control Center to load.
- Under Options click Configuration.
- Click the tab named Access to Remote License Managers.
- Look for the heading Specify Search Parameters and type the IP address or host name of the Sentinel HASP Server into the text box.
- Click Submit to save the changes.
Note: The configuration settings are stored in a file named hasplm.ini. The location of hasplm.ini is displayed at the bottom of the Configuration page described above.