This course consists of six video modules designed to demonstrate the following BioWin features :
- BioWin enables users to capture a plant-wide inventory of power demand. For example, BioWin will calculate blower power requirements, taking into account factors such as inlet air temperature and relative humidity, pressure losses in the air delivery system, etc.
- Pumping power may also be tracked, accounting for detailed factors such as pipe material and diameter for dynamic head losses.
- Miscellaneous mechanical power for various treatment flowsheet elements also may be tracked.
- To complement this functionality, BioWin also includes the facility to easily implement up to three different electricity tariff rates over the day, and these patterns can be different across two “seasons” (e.g. summer and winter).
- With the additional ability to explore onsite power generation and heat recovery via CHP, tracking of other costs including consumables (e.g. methanol and metal salts) and sludge disposal, BioWin has expanded capability as a plant management tool.