When upgrading from BioWin 5.1 to BioWin 5.2 the link below will provide you with a full installation, including the latest device drivers. Please note that this upgrade will not affect older BioWin versions (BioWin 5.1 and earlier) which are separate applications. This means that users can keep their older copies of BioWin.
- Annual and Academic License customers can upgrade free of charge at any time via the link below.
- Perpetual License customers who purchased after February 1, 2016 will be emailed instructions on how to electronically upgrade to BioWin 5.2 free of charge. If you have not received your upgrade email, please contact us. Customers who purchased BioWin prior to February 1, 2016 may order an upgrade here for US$3,300.
BioWin updater will not automatically upgrade BioWin 5.1 to BioWin 5.2. You MUST run the full installation from the link provided. Thereafter the updater will always be checking that your files are up to date.
- Click the download button below.
- Click Save to save the installation file to your computer.
- When the download is complete locate the installation file bw52setup.exe and run it.
Do not plug in your SafeNet Key until the installation is complete. BioWin 5.2 requires a License Activation Code – when you first run the program you’ll be prompted to enter the code. For annual license and academic customers, your current activation code should be valid for BioWin 5.2, simply enter and apply this code to activate BioWin 5.2. For purchase customers, you can click here to order the upgrade to 5.2.
Note : Files created in older versions of BioWin can be loaded in BioWin 5.2, but not the reverse. We suggest that old files opened in BioWin 5.2 should be saved in a separate directory from the original files.
New Developments in BioWin 5.2
BioWin 5.2 contains many exciting new updates that build upon the energy and operating cost features first introduced in BioWin 5.0, further expanding its capability as a plant management tool, and for comparing design alternatives. A more comprehensive description of the upgrade may be found in the document What’s New in BioWin 5.2 in PDF format.