The PetWin simulator is used in the analysis and design of petroleum and petrochemical industry wastewater treatment plants. An Industrial Activated Sludge Digestion Model (iASDM) has been developed to address the needs of modeling industrial wastewater treatment systems.
Four soluble industrial components have been added to model organic components typically found in petroleum refinery or petrochemical plant wastewaters. These components are initially modelled after ethylbenzene, phenol, benzene and toluene, but can be user-modified to model different components.
In addition to biomass components typically encountered in municipal wastewater treatment systems, PetWin incorporates four biomass components acting on sulfur species (sulfide and sulfate):
- ZBSO – Sulfide oxidizing bacteria. These autotrophic bacteria are modeled as a single group that can use only oxygen as the electron acceptor (we do not consider nitrite or nitrate as an electron acceptor) for the conversion of sulfide to sulfate.
- ZBASR – Acetotrophic sulfur reducing bacteria. Heterotrophic organisms using acetate both as a substrate for sulfate reduction and as a carbon source for growth.
- ZBPASR – Propionate degrading sulfur reducing bacteria. The propionate degrading SRB are heterotrophic organisms using propionate both as a substrate for sulfate reduction and as a carbon source for growth, and which generate acetate.
- ZBHSR – Hydrogenotrophic sulfur reducing bacteria. Autotrophic organisms using hydrogen (H2) as a substrate for sulfate reduction.
The BioWin simulator is used world-wide in the analysis and design of municipal wastewater treatment plants. BioWin whole plant modeling provides process insights that reduce capital costs and operating expenses.
Purchase now or click to read more about BioWin.
The PetWin simulator is used in the analysis and design of petroleum and petrochemical industry wastewater treatment plants. PetWin adds the ability to analyse hydrocarbon, sulphur, and other industrial compounds in addition to complete BioWin capabilities.
Purchase now or click to read more about PetWin.
The BW Controller augments BioWin and PetWin models with a range of process control simulation capabilities commonly employed in wastewater treatment systems. BW Controller enables evaluation of improvements in online measurement technology, and development of more sophisticated control strategies.
Purchase now or click to read more about BW Controller.
Click here for Printable Information on BioWin, PetWin and BW Controller.
Do you need to print out some introductory information on BioWin, PetWin or BW Controller? Open or save documents we have prepared in Adobe PDF format via the link above. If you do not have it, you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Pricing and License Options
Annual License copies
- Annual Licenses are on a consecutive annual basis and must be kept active.
- Active Annual Licenses receive free updates and on-going technical support.
Perpetual License copies
- One year of updates and technical support included with each Perpetual License
- Perpetual License Copy Upgrades provide the latest version of software and one
year of technical support.
Click to learn more about pricing and license options.
Please ensure that you have read the EULA before placing your order