- 2-day interactive course
- US$725 per person at our Hamilton, Ontario offices
- Other locations and prices on course schedule
BioWin is very easy to learn. With the online tutorials and resources in the online help, an engineer only needs a few hours of familiarization. However, the most efficient way to get new users up to speed is through an intensive training course which covers BioWin as well as touches on various process engineering aspects.
The introductory training course has the following format:
- Two day (16 hour) course.
- The course is hands-on and consists of a series of case studies designed to demonstrate BioWin features.
- The orientation of the case studies leans towards nutrient removal systems, but many of the topics are quite general. An associated focus is wastewater characterization and estimation/measurement of these characteristics as well as nitrification rates.
- We supply course manuals, a number of spreadsheets used as “tools” and a light lunch on both days.
- The number of attendees is usually in the range of 10 to 12.
- Attendees will need to bring their own laptop computers for the hands on sessions, but we will provide copies of BioWin for the duration of the course.
- Building a Basic BNR model
- Key concepts in modeling
- Factors that impact BNR
- SRT and sludge mass distribution
- Charting model results
- Wastewater Characterization
- COD and TKN fractionation
- Dynamic BNR Modeling
- Dynamic data input (eg. diurnal influent loading)
- Dynamic model performance and analysis
- Time-series charts and dynamic results output
- Modeling Diffused Aeration Systems
- Air flow requirements
- Impact of diffuser density, tank depth and operating conditions
- SOTE plots
- Secondary Clarifiers
- Settler modeling
- Sludge settleability measures
- State point analysis and solids profiles
- Solids Treatment
- Sludge thickening
- Anaerobic digestion
- Impact of return streams
On-site customer training is available as a cost-effective option for large groups:
- Optimum group size is 6 to 12, maximum of 12.
- Client provides the venue (e.g. a board room with a screen or wall for projection) and the necessary number of PCs.
- Course cost is US $4,500 plus direct expenses (airfare, two nights hotel, etc.).
For more information please contact us.