- 2-day interactive course
- US$1025 per person at our Hamilton, Ontario offices
- Other locations and prices on course schedule
The most sensitive process in model-based activated sludge process design and optimization is calibration. EnviroSim recently completed extensive research devoted to this issue – influent fractionation, kinetic measurements, experimental and calibration techniques. Based on this research, this course presents a structured approach and a fundamental basis for a properly conducted simulation study. The presentation is model and software independent. The course is interactively illustrated using actual plant data in BioWin. Course material hand-outs include a booklet with instruction content, and a CD containing calibration utility software.
- Complete overview of what is needed for calibration
- Calibration based on historical plant data (step-by-step procedure)
- Wastewater characterization (measuring and estimating influent COD and N fractions)
- Activated sludge kinetic parameters – including new methods to measure nitrifier growth rate
- Data collection procedures to supplement historical data
- Protocols for running bench-scale studies
- Steady-state and dynamic (diurnal, storm) calibration
- Calibration of additional model parameters (aeration, settling)
- All topics illustrated using actual case studies
On-site customer training is available as a cost-effective option for large groups:
- Optimum group size is 6 to 12, maximum of 12.
- Client provides the venue (e.g. a board room with a screen or wall for projection) and the necessary number of PCs.
- Course cost is US $6,500 plus direct expenses (airfare, two nights hotel, etc.).
For more information please contact us.