The advanced training course has the following format:
- Two day (16 hour) course.
- The course is hands-on and consists of a series of case studies and discussions designed to demonstrate BioWin features.
- We supply course manuals, a number of spreadsheets used as “tools” and a light lunch on both days.
- The number of attendees is usually in the range of 10 to 12.
- Attendees will need to bring their own laptop computers for the hands on sessions, but we will provide copies of BioWin for the duration of the course.
A certain degree of customization is possible with the advanced course. Please contact EnviroSim to discuss the needs of your organization. The case studies and discussions may cover some of the following topics:
Review of Useful Features in BioWin
- The interface
- Customizing BioWin
- New elements
- Model options
- Mass balance / Kinetic information
- Numerical solver settings
- Ash content of biomass
- Aerobic digestion of WAS
- Lime addition for pH control
- On/off aeration
BioWin Controller Module
- Model considerations
- Accounting for methanol consumption
- System start-up
- Fine versus coarse bubble
- Gas phase modeling
- Setup in BioWin
- Nutrient removal MBRs
- Glucose and gas production
- State variable input
- Combined primary and waste sludge
- Adjusting VSS destruction
- Primary sludge fermentation
- In-digester and post-digester formation
Chemical Phosphorus Precipitation
- Digester return stream
- Two-step nitrification
- Two-step denitrification
- SBR modules
- WERF wastewater characterization system
Oxidation Ditch Systems
- Ditch recirculation rate
- Surface aerators
- BNR in oxidation ditches
- SND – simultaneous nitrification denitrification
On-site customer training is available as a cost-effective option for large groups:
- Optimum group size is 6 to 12, maximum of 12.
- Client provides the venue (e.g. a board room with a screen or wall for projection) and the necessary number of PCs.
- Course cost is US $5,500 plus direct expenses (airfare, two nights hotel, etc.).
For more information please contact us.
Click here to be added to our Course Mailing list, so that we can notify you when registration opens for new courses.
Click here to view other available course information.